Saturday, June 27, 2015

Red Velvet Leaf Basil Vinaigrette

I trimmed down the Red Velvet Leaf Basil and made some wonderful vinaigrette.  The recipe I found said to chop your basil in the blender to mix with a store-bought vinaigrette (is that cheating?) Ha! Not for me!
I used Paul Newman's Oil and Vinegar.  I'm sure a homemade vinaigrette would be even better. I pulled the washed leaves and popped them into the food processor, then drizzled the entire bottle over them as it spun.
I will say, if you feel like basil is too pungent, then this reddish purple variety is the one for you.  It's very mild, and the leaves are much smaller, too. There's still plenty of basil taste, but not so over-powering as some basil can get.

Of course, I had to try it out right away -- over some of the Snow White tomatoes.  So, so so so good!  

No comments:

Post a Comment