Friday, April 11, 2014

What I'm Reading: Cinder

It's been so long since I've read a book that I JUST CAN'T PUT DOWN!!!  I'm loving this book -- very sci-fi re-imaging of the Cinderella tale, although not really -- so if you like sci-fi and not chick books, don't worry.  This one will definitely keep your interest!

From the author's site:  "Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg.  She's a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister's illness.  But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai's, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle."

There are cyborgs, androids, plague victims, lunar queens, and much more!  I'm only typing this now because my Kindle needs charging -- I can't wait to get back to it!

PS:  There's some talk about a future movie based on Cinder....I'm hoping that pans out.


No comments:

Post a Comment